I got nothing, you get Smog

Another one of those evenings I can't think of a damn thing to write, so let's do a video instead.


You might notice that I added a few lists to the sidebar for this, the second incarnation of Giant Midgets, and that one of the entries is a list of music I've picked up recently. And that one of the items in that list is Smog's 2005 A River Ain't Too Much To Love. I've been listening to it a good bit, not just because I recently bought it but also because I think I've been in a bit of a mellow mood of late and because River makes a nice pair with a few some other things I've been in the mood for lately, like Iron And Wine and Calixico's In The Reins (hey, by the way, if you didn't watch this video a couple of weeks ago, watch it now, eh?).


Anyway, like the title of the post says, I got nothing, you get Smog. Specifically, you get the video for "Rock Bottom Riser" from River.



We're going with this one because it's some lovely animation, and regular readers will know I'm a sucker for animation. But I have to tell you that this isn't the video I planned on embedding. The video I planned on embedding, before stumbling onto the official song video, was this live performance at SXSW, the year of which I was unable to determine. I'll spare you the embed of the same song twice, but if you liked the studio version used for the music video, then I strongly encourage you to take a look at the live version. It's an audience video, so the picture isn't much, but the sound is relatively good and it's a lovely live performance.


This is the part where I started to tell a boring story you don't care about for a second time. I'll spare you that, too. Enjoy the music.




Comments

Popular Posts