Neverwednesday Nights

I was sort of looking for something by the late, great Kirsty MacColl--Kite has been on my iPod of late--but I stumbled upon this awesome live clip of the brilliant Billy Bragg instead, back in '88, performing "A New England," a song that was a hit for MacColl (and a song that nicks a line from Paul Simon and then improves on it, I might add).


For those who want to sing along at home--this is an audience participation moment, folks--but don't know the words, here's the chorus:

I don't want to change the world
I'm not looking for a new England
I'm just looking for another girl
And when Billy "saw two shooting stars last night":
I wished on them, but they were only satellites
Is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care
Ready? Alright! Let's go! Audience! Participate!






Comments

Popular Posts