Friday night movie

I don't really feel up to writing a real blog entry tonight, so we'll watch a movie, instead.


At one point, when I was thinking I'd do a movie today, I considered embedding the derivative-but-fun Prey Alone from a few years ago. But then I checked out one of my open tabs that I was going to come back to, and I found this, Call Of Tutu. I can't recall for the life of me how I stumbled onto this. There's about a dozen blogs, sites, and random places that could have pointed me to this; whoever it was, thank you. This short is easily one of the best Lovecraftian films I've ever seen, and it doesn't have a drop of blood, a splotch of ichor, a single dark shadow or hint of gorpy mess. No, it's only a humble man, talking about something important to him.


Something very important.



For those of you not in on the subtext, you might want to take the time to read this. Reading it by computer is less than ideal--far better would be to sit down on an evening when the wind is whistling at the windows, trying to get in your house, with a snifter of cognac and maybe a fire going if you have one. But the computer version is free, and right in front of you right now, and right here. "The Call Of Cthulhu" is one of HPL's finest. Lovecraft was a seriously flawed writer, but "Call" is one of the stories that shows of his strengths: pacing, structure, verisimilitude.


Anyway, enjoy.





Comments

Popular Posts