It's Friday, and I don't feel like writing...

...so watch this Friday-themed music video (and no, I'm not in love):



I'm not a huge Cure fan. They're a comp-album band for me: I like them enough to pick up a "Best Of" or "Greatest Hits" (and maybe the one compilation CD I have is enough), but that's about as far as it goes. And, ironically, I tend to like Robert Smith's upbeat stuff more than his mopier songs: in fact, "Friday I'm In Love" was the first Cure song I really liked (I even owned the cassingle), though I've since re-evaluated some of his earlier tunes that I may not have given enough of a chance the first time through. (Further irony: I really like mopey music; you'd think I'd love The Cure. I don't know what it is, exactly, that's never totally won me over about this band.)

Anyway, I'm not in love, but it is Friday, and it's a happy song, and I'd never heard this version 'til tonight, and I hope you like it.




Comments

Popular Posts