Belatedly obeying the law

I don't remember where I read it, but some blogger out there mentioned that a blogger is required by law to post a photograph of his or her cat within 30 days of starting a blog. I regret to admit that I have been in gross violation of this statute. But, let me say in my defense, I did not own a camera until I recently purchased a cell phone with a built-in camera! And now I am ready to comply with the law, mercy, I beg you! Be lenient with me this once!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you pictures of my cat, Elvis:





Obviously, this whole "taking pictures with my telephone" thing is quite new to me--but no matter! I am, finally, officially, a blogger!

USA! USA! USA!

What?

UPDATE 02/02/2008: The person who brought my attention to the very important International Internet Code of Conduct, Section XII, Subsection III, Paragraph II, which I am finally in compliance with, is Nathan at Polybloggimous. My apologies for the belated credit, Nathan--I remembered your post, but not that it was your post, if you know what I mean. Anyone else reading this should go look at Nathan's cat, Widget, who is apparently fat, clumsy and adorable.




Comments

Robbin said…
who is the pretty kitty? who is elvis? i said, who is the pretty kitty? who is the kitty? who is elvis? do you want a treat? do you want a treat? pretty kitty. awwww...pretty kitty. etc. etc. etc.
Anonymous said…
30 days? I hadn't heard that! Nobody told me! WordPress really should explain that when you first set up your blog. It should be part of the ReadMe.

I don't even have a cat. I had to come up with a work-around, which I posted today, but I have something that will hopefully satisfy whoever enforces these rules. I posted my attempt here: http://theunfocusedlife.com/2008/02/01/flagrant-violation-of-law/

Thank you for letting all of us newbies know about this important rule. Honestly, I had no idea.
Nathan said…
HAHAHAHAHA

I came over here because I had it in my mind somewhere that you were the one who put that little bit of code for putting up recent comments in the sidebar over at Stonekettle Station. I got sick of searching through his comments and figured I'd see if you had an email link in your profile. And then I saw this post.


You're Welcome!

And, Unfocused me? Here's the Rules for those without cats (7th comment).

Yo, and Eric. Was that code from you? Care to publish again?

KTHXBAI
Eric said…
Thanks, Nathan! I couldn't remember who had brought my attention to The International Internet Code of Conduct, Section XII, Subsection III, Paragraph II; I'm glad to have that mystery solved.

I'm the one who pointed out the quick-and-dirty solution to posting comments to Jim, who put up a very succinct step-by-step how-to guide over at Stonekettle. I'll put a link up on your blog at the "I'm no lawbreaker" post and send you an e-mail. Redundant redundancy and all that.
Eric said…
Or, in the interest of convenience, if you look here first, Jim's step-by-step guide can be found here.

Popular Posts