YouTube and living in an Age Of Wonder

Three a.m., feeling a little insomnia, I found myself on YouTube looking for video footage from Pink Floyd's 1977 "In The Flesh" tour. Not only did I find some--you can find anything on YouTube, we live in a wondrous age--but more importantly, I found this: video proof that if there's a God, he plays guitar--
  • Brian May
  • David Gilmour
  • "Smoke On The Water"

I shit you not:





Before I ran across the above clip, I was going to share another clip I stumbled into: the brilliant, beloved Gilmour performing his cover of Unicorn's "There's No Way Out Of Here" live. It somehow seems wrong to put two embedded videos in a post, but you know what? I want to be able to go back and watch the thing myself. So, here it is--"There's No Way Out Of Here," from Gilmour's eponymous 1978 solo album; I could go on forever about how wonderful, but I'll just get on with the clip and hope you love it at least half as much as I do:





Comments

Popular Posts