NaNoWriMo daily update

37,793/50,000
Words

Still behind at the end of my likely output for Friday? Yep. But at the end of day 23 I should have 38,341, so this puts me a mere 548 words behind. And, perhaps more importantly, I think I see how things end.

Whether this holds together or not may be something to figure out during editing. I probably jump too quickly to the disintegration part of the story (there may be things to add, there). And it may be less funny than it is ugly or sad, tho' I'm not sure that's a problem. The main character is turning out to be a bit more of a shit in the final act, and if that's a problem it's only because I might not be establishing he's a shit early enough in the story.

A harder question is whether he gets rehabilitated or not. Maybe, maybe not. I don't necessarily want a happy ending, but I'm also not sure an unhappy ending is palatable: I do want to end up with something that someone might enjoy reading if hypothetically given the opportunity.

The good news, the best news, is that I think I'm at a point where I can not only make up my deficit and get ahead again.

Anyway, that's the daily update.




Comments

Popular Posts