NaNoWriMo daily update

25,364/50,000
Words

Oh hell yeah! I didn't think I had enough words in me to catch up, but I'm now slightly ahead!

Thirty days in November, 50,000 words to write--do the math: yeah, I'm just over the halfway mark, right on schedule. Rock on!

It's a little bit of a mess, actually: I started with the band on the bus, then jumped back to the band before the bus. The logical thing, probably, will be to go back in editing and move some sections around. Simple enough, though.

Stewart had a good gig, but there was a plant, and Stewart used his own name during the show. That may burn.

I'm worried, tho' that I may not be getting the surreal tone I really want. It ties back to the "domestic focus" problem I mentioned yesterday. The situation in the book is utterly ridiculous--it's supposed to be. If that doesn't come off, this may be a trunk novel yet, which isn't really what I hoped I might pull off when the idea for this one came to me. I hope this might be a turd that, once polished, is worth passing around. Well, we'll see.

Halfway, baby! As teh kidz say, "Woot!"

Addendum:

As if my current mood couldn't get any better, CVB's "Take The Skinheads Bowling" just came up on the shuffle play. Double woot!





Comments

Popular Posts