NaNoWriMo daily update

14,795/50,000
Words

Technically, I'm still a day behind. Sunday is normally my "big writing day," though, even when I'm not doing NaNoWriMo. By which I mean that, budget permitting, I walk down the street to Boudreaux's for brunch and then across the street to Smelly Cat and spend the day there drinking coffee or chai lattes or whatever. A chai latte is much better for focusing--probably all in my head, I know--but the coffee is cheaper. (And, at Smelly Cat, better than the chai lattes, which taste alright but come from a powder. But good luck finding a "real" chai latte in Charlotte, as far as I know.) Typically, but not always, I'll end up doing dinner down there, too, usually at the Solstice Tavern, which apparently doesn't have a website. Solstice isn't terribly special--just a neighborhood sports bar--but they have pretty good bar food and some cute waitresses.

Tomorrow I'll be doing the hangout thing for sure just because it's a three-day weekend for me. The budget shall permit it, and no other way around it! Take that, finances! Whether I'll be productive or not remains to be seen.




Comments

Sunday is usually my big writing day too...and I blew it this weekend (must be the 'holiday thing')

I wrote letters instead; next time I think I'll write my nieces some nice CHAPTERS.

[sigh]

Good luck tomorrow!

Popular Posts