NaNoWriMo daily update

11,820/50,000

“If Bowie can be Ziggy Stardust and Robert Zimmerman can be Bob Dylan and Prince Rogers Nelson can be... Prince... I can fucking be... I can be... I can.... Fuck it. I'm going to make up a name,” he said, “and I'm going to fucking record a new album and hit the road. Fuck them. They don't get to win. I'm not letting them win. Fuck them.”

They fired him from his own band and told him he couldn't use his own name as a performer--they took his name, the bastards took his name. But Stewart Spalding has decided to fight back.

A decision I'm going to make him regret.

Heh.

Anyway, at day seven, I should have 11,669 words; as you can see, I'm still staying just ahead of goals. This puts me at a mere 26 pages of double-spaced, 10-pt. text. (MgOpen Canonica, a nice, simple font based on Times Roman. A font may seem like a trivial thing, but it can help... I don't know if "inspire" is the right word. You're looking at all these words, it doesn't help if you don't like looking at them. It's purely an aesthetic decision, and irrelevant, but whatever.)

Anyway, that's my quota for the night. Not sure if I'm going to watch a DVD or play video games now. Probably the DVD, I'm not totally compos mentis at the moment. Something has been slowly taxing me this week--I'm not sure if it's work or just the inevitable result of the time change. (It may even be the time change combined with a fact that a certain small, furry member of the household still thinks that 6:30 my time is feeding time and makes piteous meowrrrl-ing noises to wake me before I actually have to get up to get ready for work. He's lucky he's cute, is all I can say.)




Comments

Anonymous said…
Apparently "Prince" is suing the webmasters of several of his fan sites to keep them from using images of him, posting tablature to his songs, etc. Nothing like suing your own fans to show what a fine person you are, let me tell you. I think Olbermann made him the worst person in the world one day this week because of that.
Eric said…
Damn--he was doing so well when he gave away his new album to anyone in England who bought a newspaper, and now this. It defeats the point of going against your own label when you turn around and act like them by suing your customers.

The protagonist of my NaNoWriMo book isn't going to have that issue, unfortunately: I'm planning on his band pulling a Van Halen and doing to Stewart what VH did to Michael Anthony. Visitors to VH's website discovered that all references to Anthony had been scrubbed, including photoshopping an image of the cover of the band's self-titled debut so that Michael Anthony's picture was replaced by a picture of Wolfgang Van Halen, who replaced Anthony on bass this year. (After fan protests, the image mysteriously reverted to the original cover.)

That's what happens when you do a few gigs on your own with Sammy Hagar, apparently. Poor bastard.

Popular Posts