You know what else is fun? Scabies!

Right, I'm posting this entry to keep from chewing my own tongue off while I wait for a disc image to download on my secondary (Windows) computer.

That sentence, right there, will be enough for some of you to figure out why I might be inclined to chew my own tongue off.

Speaking of wanting to chew my own tongue off! Did you know that the newest version of Kubuntu is out? Version 7.10, "Gutsy Gibbon" in the alliterative parlance of those fine folks at Canonical. It looks pretty cool: new implementation of KDE, I hear it's got improved drivers, lots of groovy stuff. Pretty sharp looking, yeah. So, I thought maybe I'd upgrade. Yeah. Especially since most computers will be able to upgrade without trouble via the Adept package manager.

Yep. See, I tend to be a bit anal-retentive when it comes to updates. I start feeling insecure whenever my version number isn't the top version number. It nags at me if I don't have the latest whatsit on my devices. Even when I have to do a rollback, as I did with my Dell PDA when Windows Mobile 5.0 came out (5.0 was a no-go for all sorts of reasons), it vexes me.

Yeah.

So, you know, even though I had a perfectly fine, working version of Kubuntu running on my Dell laptop (my primary machine), with the graphics driver tweaked and everything, I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade to 7.10. Yep. A really, really good idea. Yep. Good. Ideas are good.

You keep thinking, Butch, that's what you're good at.

I'll let you know how it goes.



Comments

Popular Posts