Two days to go... oh hell....

It's just hitting me that National Novel Writing Month starts in two days. I'm planning on doing it again, but what the hell am I going to write?

At one point, I thought maybe I could work on expanding this ficlet series. It's actually something I thought about doing some time ago--I think the main character could be vaguely interesting, and magic noir can be fun, rent Cast A Deadly Spell to see for yourself sometime if you don't believe me. But then I moved on to other things.

Or maybe it would be fun to write a western. Or a ghost story. At one point I also had an idea for a story about a house haunted by its future, but that also went nowhere.

I don't want to make the vampire thing I'm occasionally working on to be my NaNoWriMo story. The vampire thing has promise. That's why I'm not even going into details here. It's my precioussss. I'll pick it back up in December.

But what should I write about?

It's hard to tell how many people come by: I know my sister does (hi!) and I know I sometimes get visitors from ficlets. I was pleasantly surprised to get useful advice about Linux and The Bolshoi (thanks!). I'm not sure if any of my friends read this, or any other family members. I seem to have had some hits from a few other places (hi, everyone! thanks for dropping by!). But anyway-- If you (whomever you might be, wherever you might hail from) have an idea about what I should write my NaNoWriMo novel about, leave me a comment. Genre, theme, anything. I'd love to hear from you.

The clock is ticking....


PS:

Oh, I'm "RANDOLPHCARTER" over at NaNoWriMo, if you want to be my buddy or check in on me in November.




Comments

Popular Posts