Today's made of win
Let me just say up front: the fact that Ben Folds is a North Carolinian (and Ben Folds Five was a Chapel Hill band around the time I was in law school there, though I never saw them live on their home turf) fills me with inordinate pride.
But that's a tangent before the subject of the post, even, which is this: Ben Folds, Pompaloose and Nick "High Fidelity" Hornsby win the Internet this week. "Things You Think":
But that's a tangent before the subject of the post, even, which is this: Ben Folds, Pompaloose and Nick "High Fidelity" Hornsby win the Internet this week. "Things You Think":

Comments
But yeah, this is super awesome as Nick Hornby is one of my favorite authors, I love Pomplamoose and Ben Folds is just too much fun.
Folds himself is from Winston-Salem; at least one of his former bandmates was from Charlotte and I'm not sure if Folds himself spent any time there. I remember seeing them in Charlotte--it was outdoors and downtown, so it must've been Cityfest one year--and they were joking about one of them going to high school up the road. Not to mention, of course, the reference to the parents being in Charlotte in the poignant "Brick".