Motherfucking Pixies, hell yeah!
So the big news item for today is that I'm seeing The Motherfucking Pixies tonight.
The tour is, a little ironically, a continuation of last year's tour commemorating the 20th anniversary of Doolittle, even though this year is actually the 20th anniversary of Bossanova. (I guess this means that in two years they'll do an anniversary tour for Bossanova, maybe?)
Whatever, doesn't matter. What's important is I'm seeing The Goddamn Pixies tonight. Damn straight it's a big deal. And we'll just ignore (I said "IGNORE!") the fact there are registered voters who weren't alive when either Doolittle or Bossanova (or, for that matter, Trompe le Monde) were originally released. (IGNORE!)
Here's a completely acoustic version of "Cactus" they did at Newport a few years back, because "Cactus" is awesome and this version is cool:
The tour is, a little ironically, a continuation of last year's tour commemorating the 20th anniversary of Doolittle, even though this year is actually the 20th anniversary of Bossanova. (I guess this means that in two years they'll do an anniversary tour for Bossanova, maybe?)
Whatever, doesn't matter. What's important is I'm seeing The Goddamn Pixies tonight. Damn straight it's a big deal. And we'll just ignore (I said "IGNORE!") the fact there are registered voters who weren't alive when either Doolittle or Bossanova (or, for that matter, Trompe le Monde) were originally released. (IGNORE!)
Here's a completely acoustic version of "Cactus" they did at Newport a few years back, because "Cactus" is awesome and this version is cool:

Comments
Interpret that as you will.