I have this weird urge to start raising chocobos again...
Brad Smithhas re-recorded the entirety of Dark Side Of The Moon--performed on a Nintendo Entertainment System in glorious 8-bit sound. Here's "Money":
What's a little amazing and ironic, actually, is that Smith's version of "On The Run" sounds an awful lot like the '72-'73 original--recorded with a then state-of-the-art EMS Synthi analog synthesizer. That's not a knock on anyone, if anything it's actually a sort of kudo to the surprising amount of potential locked away in the NES' audio chip--those old EMS synths were pretty badass, which is why so many badasses used them (see also: Brian Eno, Robert Fripp, Stevie Wonder).
What's also kind of awesome is the urge I have listening this to dust off my old PS and replay Final Fantasy VI (originally written for the NES). Sadly, I suspect I'd get tired of trying to plug all those cables in and lose interest before I got the disc spun up. If I could even find it. Or the PS, now that I think about it.
Oh well.
Back to my Spring cleaning. (Hey! It looks like the cat's forgiven me for running the vacuum cleaner earlier!)
What's also kind of awesome is the urge I have listening this to dust off my old PS and replay Final Fantasy VI (originally written for the NES). Sadly, I suspect I'd get tired of trying to plug all those cables in and lose interest before I got the disc spun up. If I could even find it. Or the PS, now that I think about it.
Oh well.
Back to my Spring cleaning. (Hey! It looks like the cat's forgiven me for running the vacuum cleaner earlier!)

Comments