Friday Night Movie
The plan is that I should be seeing a movie this evening.
Nothing big. Little thing, I expect noth-ing. I heard it was maybe based on one of those cartoon books. Maybe there will be funny animals in it.
No hopes, no expectations.
No, I haven't obsessively watched the trailers numerous times, nor did I pay any attention whatsoever to any lawsuits between major studios that might have delayed or derailed a release schedule. Puh-leeze. That kind of thing is nothing but Hollywood gossip. Who cares?
So, anyway. Whatever. By way of today's blog post, a public service announcement from 1977. That has nothing to do with anything at all. It certainly shouldn't be taken as any indication that the movie I'm supposed to see might be made of awesome--ha! 'Tis to laugh! How could this PSA, made in 1977 when I was five and Richard Nixon was the President of the United States, have any bearing whatsoever on the movie I'm supposed to see? Answer: it doesn't. Zilch. Not a thing.
Nothing big. Little thing, I expect noth-ing. I heard it was maybe based on one of those cartoon books. Maybe there will be funny animals in it.
No hopes, no expectations.
No, I haven't obsessively watched the trailers numerous times, nor did I pay any attention whatsoever to any lawsuits between major studios that might have delayed or derailed a release schedule. Puh-leeze. That kind of thing is nothing but Hollywood gossip. Who cares?
So, anyway. Whatever. By way of today's blog post, a public service announcement from 1977. That has nothing to do with anything at all. It certainly shouldn't be taken as any indication that the movie I'm supposed to see might be made of awesome--ha! 'Tis to laugh! How could this PSA, made in 1977 when I was five and Richard Nixon was the President of the United States, have any bearing whatsoever on the movie I'm supposed to see? Answer: it doesn't. Zilch. Not a thing.

Comments
Producers. ::shrug:: Idiots.
Oh, well. Sounds like you're looking forward to it. Try to have fun.
You should check this out.
(sigh)
Felt the same way about Perdido Street Station.