Send Rosie love!

My friend Rose, who I've known for years, a brilliant writer (no hyperbole--at least one award I'm aware of, from a local magazine) and great photographer (basically majored in it, I think it was technically "art history," but photos were her specialty), has finally started a blog. About fucking time. She's been shy about it, for no particularly good reason. If we're lucky, we'll get some nice photos or even some of those "cocooned" short stories she alludes to in her header. As of this writing, she only has one nervous post up--hopefully (no pressure!) this will change soon.

Go give her love! Say "hi"! Encourage her! She really is awesome.

EDIT 2008-10-15: The link that originally appeared here has been removed at the blogger's request.

Comments

Nathan said…
As further proof that I'm not capable of staying completely on topic, I'll take this opportunity to out myself. One of my guilty pleasures is the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory. If you haven't seen it, it's a show about a bunch of Uber-nerds (profs in engineering and physics at a university), who live across the hall from a hot girl (Kaley Cuoco). Their social ineptitude is absolutely hysterical.

They get into utterly pointless competitions over scientific minutae at the expense of meat-space life experience and are totally clueless about why that might be a bad thing.

So, in an attempt to tie this back into the original topic, let me say that since I, A.) talked about a nerdy show, B.) noticed that there was a hot girl in it, C.) put in a link, and D.) that link went to IMDB, you can only come to the conclusion that I am a nerd and it's likely that I must have mailed anthrax to someone at some point in time.

I sure hope the D.A. isn't reading this.
Nathan said…
And I totally posted in the wrong fucking thread.

D'oh!

It's only further evidence.
Eric said…
Yep, you just about got yourself indicted. You've talked about something nerdy, noticed a hot girl, put in a link, and you've displayed "erratic behavior." Now if it turns out you're anywhere within a fifty-mile radius of a mailbox used to deliver something naughty, you will be Public Enemy Numero Uno.

I haven't started reading the DOJ docs yet, but I downloaded the PDFs to my laptop so I can do so at my leisure. (Slowly, I turn... step by step....)

Popular Posts